Leading companies use continuous monitors as a cost effective component in satisfying the paragraph 6.1.3 Compliance Verification Plan requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20. The EMIT Full Time Continuous Monitor provides 100% monitoring of both the operator and the work surface. This unit provides continuous monitoring of:
• One user wearing a wrist strap
• ESD worksurface
• Ground (50543 only)
Test range of monitored circuit: 500K - 10M ohms†
Worksurface limit*: Set to 10 megohms
Power Source: 50543: 120 VAC
50544: 220 VAC
Current Drain: <15 mA RMS
Wrist strap open circuit voltage: 1.2 volts peak to peak @
Mat test open circuit voltage: 5 to 7.5 volts
Response time to alarm: <50 mS
Standby “parking” snap delay: 6-8 seconds
Long Term Drift: 1/2% per decade
(1st decade is 1 hr)
Temperature: 10-40 degrees C
Field Adjustment: None required
Size: .75" x 3.25" x 4.38"
(1.9cm x 8.3cm x 11.1cm)
· Single Station Continuous Monitor for Operator, ESD Work Surface, and the Operator’s Electrical Ground Continuously monitors ground integrity of a single operator, ESD workstation and the electrical ground that the monitor is connected to. Eliminates the need for periodic testing and record keeping.
· Wave Distortion Technology Provides Real-Time Continuous Monitoring for Operator Path to Ground and Presence of 1 Meg Resistor True continuous monitoring (versus pulsed or intermittent) of wrist strap functionality and operator safety according to accepted industry standards.
· Park Delay Feature Allows operator to disconnect wrist strap cord when normally leaving the workstation without audible (false) alarm sounding.
· Dual Status LEDs and Audible Alarm for Operator and Workstation Monitoring LEDs illuminate (Green) when operator, work surface, and electrical grounds are functioning correctly. visual alarms activate instantly when a failure occurs, alerting user and supervisor of problem, allowing immediate corrective action.
· Alarm Signal Use with an external relay (see relay box item 50547) to control access to equipment or other accessories.
· Use with Single-Wire Wrist Straps. Includes Desco Wrist Strap 09070
· Calibration Unit Available for Accurate Performance and Conformity Testing in the Field. See Desco Item 98220
· NIST Calibrated with Certificate Calibrated with accepted procedures and standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology. For more information on calibration of Desco products, see Calibration
· Made in the United States of America