Leading companies use continuous monitors as a cost effective component in satisfying the section 6.1.3 Compliance Verification Plan requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20. The Desco Dual Operator Continuous Monitor with Satellites continuously monitors the grounding integrity of two operators, and two ESD worksurfaces’ path to ground. The monitor will provide instantaneous notification of static control equipment failures, and eliminates the need of costly and difficult to supervise wrist strap logging record keeping. This unit is highly cost effective as it is designed to monitor any conventional single-wire wrist strap and ground cord system.
Test range of monitored circuit: 500K - 10M ohms†
Supervisor Jack Resistance to Ground: 47k ohms typical
Worksurface Limit*: Set to 10 Megohms
(1 x 107 ohms)
Operating Voltage: 120 VAC, 50-60 Hz (19246)
220-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz (19247)
Wrist strap open circuit voltage: 1.2 volts peak to peak @
Mat test open circuit voltage: 5 to 7.5 volts
Response time to alarm: < 50 mS
Operating Temperature: 0 - 40°C
Long Term Drift: <0.5% per Decade
(1st Decade is 1 hr)
· Dual Station Continuous Monitor for 2 Operators and 2 Work Surfaces Continuously monitors the integrity of both operators and ESD workstations, eliminating the need for periodic testing and recording. Ideal for adjacent workstations for assembly, test, packaging, or other applications.
· NEW Improved Banana Jack Creates a more consistent connection and helps to prevent accidental disconnects with operator’s wrist strap.
· Wave Distortion Technology Provides Real-Time Continuous Monitoring for Operator Path to Ground and Presence Of 1 Meg Resistor True continuous monitoring (versus pulsed or intermittent) of wrist strap functionality and operator safety according to accepted industry standards.
· Ready To Use Unit Includes Control Unit and Two Satellite Remote Monitors. Control unit can be mounted at eye level away for work area so that current status is easily monitored and satellite remotes can me mounted in desired locations up to 7 feet from control unit. Each satellite includes a monitored wrist strap ground, parking snap, and unmonitored ground for guest, cart, equipment or other grounding applications.
· Park Snap Feature for Each Operator on Satellite Remote Provides means for operator to disconnect wrist strap cord when normally leaving the workstation without audible (false) alarm sounding.
· Full Time Status LEDs and Audible Alarm for Operator and Workstation Monitoring. Audible and LED visual alarms activate instantly when a failure occurs, alerting user and supervisor of problem, allowing immediate corrective action
· Miniscule Electrical Current Required to Generate Waveform Monitoring Signal Safe to use with sensitive components and no reported case of skin irritation
· Easy to Install Housing with Screws or Adhesive Backed Hook and loop Strips Optional mounting suitable to most machinery and work area, even in hard to reach locations
· Calibration Unit Available For Accurate Performance And Conformity Testing In The Field
· Replacement Satellite Remote Monitors
· Use with Single-Wire Wrist Straps
· NIST Calibrated with Certificate Included Calibrated with accepted procedures and standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology. For more information on calibration of Desco products, see
· Made in the United States of America